Went to Italy, had a pet rat, lived in Columbus, sang in Gatlinburg, had a real job with a nametag and everything, bought pornography legally, graduated from high school, drove to Pittsburgh by myself, saw someone in person whom I'd met over the Internet, got a flat tire, drew on a highway... uh...
Do I get to say 'fell in love,' or is that too sappy? Eh, screw it. Fell in love.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any resolutions last year, but I guess I'll make some this year...
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
If they have, they haven't told me.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Ditto the birth question.
5. What countries did you visit?
Italy... and the Vatican, which I guess counts. :D
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
College credits and a digital camera.
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
... etched. Well, high school graduation day, I guess. Moving into the dorms day. $400 sale day at work OMG. First time panther visit. Moving out of the dorms day.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduation is considered an achievement, I guess. That whole... top ten thing. I dunno. I haven't done much achieve-worthy stuff.
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A wonderfully long and complicated combination of sinusitis and bronchitis, which has yet to go away fully. Also a nice flare-up of the ol' crazies, which put me into a crisis residence center, where I faked sane.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Back to the Future t-shirt with "Darth Vader" on the front. Haha... :P
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Not mine, definitely.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Ebay, for doujinshi... and... um... that Anime Palace place, because that was a good chunk of my funds at one time. And school.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Ratties, Crispin movies, panther... getting out of high school.
16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
"The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and the News. :D Orrrrr... I don't know. But I heard that every damn day at work and then, what with Back to the Future and all... I'm really not sure, but yeah.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? ... about the same. I was pretty depressed last year too.
ii. thinner or fatter? I've yo-yo'd enough to be about the same.
iii. richer or poorer? I made money, then I spent it. However, I'm now able to withdraw money on my own. So, richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
... um... I still wish I could have taken short story writing while I was in high school.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Being sick, making myself sick, being mean. Sleeping.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Uh... I spent it... doing next to nothing. Whaddya know.
21. Did you fall in love in 2003?
Yes... which could be fortunate or unfortunate depending on when you ask me.
22. How many one-night stands?
None. *very disappointed*
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Still The Simpsons, which a healthy dose of Futurama and Family Guy occasionally.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
... yes. I mean, I met so many new people... and I now I hate most of them.
25. What was the best book you read?
I still think, in terms of absolute greatness, it was "Brideshead Revisited."
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Tori Amos, Prozzak, and... Gackt, I guess.
27. What did you want and get?
Love. It just worked out weird.
28. What did you want and not get?
Stability. I'll never get that.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
... WILLARD. :D Please, give my baby an Oscar...
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned eighteen on May 18th and spent the day at work.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Losing my virginity. It's still up for grabs.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
33. What kept you sane?
Oh, holy shit. NOTHING, apparently.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
... I'm a Crispin Glover Lover.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
What did you do to my civil liberties, biatch?
36. Who did you miss?
Quite a few people, including Keely, Eden, teh lulu, and the panther.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003:
Mediocre people are always more successful.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I tell you that I'll always want you near
You say that things change my dear" - Tori Amos, "Winter"
"People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight; I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed" Bob Dylan, "Things Have Changed"
New Year's Resolutions
- Be healthier... this includes losing weight, which in turn relies on being on a sturdier schedule and finding a balance between not-eating and eating too much as well as not-sleeping and sleeping too much (must everything be in extremes with me?)
- Look into whether, as a KSU student, I really do get to use the Wellness Center. Work out the time when the least people will be there and then go swim or something.
- Take classes. Do moderately well in them.
- Take my medication consistently.
- Love my ratties.
- Stop taking other people's success as a personal insult (even when it is).
- Go to the doctor. Ask about headaches, sinusitis, and cramps concerns.
- Get a job.
- Figure out how to make stuffties. Then make self a Willard stufftie. Also... finish Frodo dollie or start a new (better) one.
- Go to Maryland to see panther.
- Limit cutting to once a month or less.
- Spend less money.
- Finish Valentine's Day idea in time for Valentine's Day.
- Finish George/Marty pr0n.
Note that I do not resolve to be nicer, less sarcastic, or less actively jealous, paranoid, or crazy. I know when I'm beat, yo.
Finally... if any of you outbids me on this, I will seek you out and... and... do something nasty, okay? Just don't. ;___; *squeeWILLARDOMGSHIRT*